Any mother (parent) of a food allergic child feels a tinge of anxiety when birthday party invitations come in the mail. In addition to finding an appropriate gift last minute, food allergy mothers have to be prepared for the mandatory pizza, cake and goodie bag. We also have to be ready at a moments notice with pop-up school treats, snacks and other annoying food related issues.
My “go to”flour is always Gluten free flour mix from gluten free pantry. I use this flour cup for cup in all recipes with total success.
Click below for my recipe for the best gluten free chocolate cake and amazing chocolate frosting! I have found that recipes with little flour ratio to the rest of ingredients yields an amazing result…..oftentimes I make the batter and freeze into cupcakes or small 4″ round cake pans. This way, I have a fresh treat within a few minutes.
Easy and divine chocolate glaze and chocolate cake!
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces un-sweetened butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 stick plus 3 teaspoons un-salted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sourcream
- Melt butter, chocolate and corn syrup in the top of a double broiler.
- Stir until smooth. Pour while warm for glaze or let sit at room temperature stir vigorously with a wooden spoon and use as frosting.
- makes enough to frost/glaze one single layer 11x14 rectangular cake, 48 mini cupcakes, 24 regular size cupcakes
- pre-heat oven to 350
- in a heavy duty mixer cream butter and both sugars until mixture is light and fluffy
- add cocoa powder, gluten free flour, baking soda, sour cream, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs--blend 2 minutes until all ingredients are incorporated.
- recipe makes: 48 mini cupcakes, 30 regular cupcakes or 1 11x14 rectangular cake, 2- 8" round cakes
- mini cupcakes bake for 9 minutes regular cupcakes bake for 18 minutes 11x14 cake bakes for approximately 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean 8" cakes bake for 25-35 minutes