ahhhh, another holiday coming up already! my go to mix for sugar cookies is always the sugar cookie mix from cause you're special. these cookies come out perfect every time. simply follow the directions as written on the bag and roll out into the shape of the holiday!
glaze for sugar cookies
makes enough glaze for 8 cookies. many times, i make the cookie shape and freeze the raw dough shape. for a 3" cookie, the frozen dough bakes for 10 minutes in a 350 oven.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4-5 cups sifted powdered sugar (glaze should be the consistency of syrup--add sugar slowly to prevent from becoming too thick to pour.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- in small heavy bottom pot melt butter, add whipping cream--stir until blended. slowly whisk in powdered sugar until reaches consistency of syrup
- divide glaze into several small bowls. add a few drops of food coloring to make desired colors. i use ateco food coloring- available online at amazon
the hanukkah cookie...
the tennis and flower power cookie...
more flower power cookies...
classic NY black and white...
the evil eye cookie
the turkish flag cookie
more evil eyes...