oh ya baby, another holiday! another time to create yet another tasty gluten free treat! who could think of anything better then a rich chocolate-chocolate-chocolate-chocolate-chocolate heart shaped whoopie pie? the pink butter cream filling and valrhona chocolate glaze make this gluten free treat making them all want to be your valentine!
directions to make heart shaped gluten free whoopie pies—it looks more complicated then it is!!!
- use your favorite chocolate cake recipe
- pour the batter 1/2″ thick into a rimmed cookie sheet–lined with parchement paper (12×14) is ok. depending on the size of your recipe you might need two baking sheets. bake the batter for 9 minutes at 350.
- allow the finished cake to cook for 10 minutes then with a heart shaped cookie cutter, begin to cut out the heart shapes.
- on a clean surface, preferably a pastry rack or parchment paper, place the hearts on the paper. place half the hearts upside down and the the normal way!
- drizzle chocolate glaze(see recipe in blog) on the right side up hearts and frost( see recipe in blog) the hearts that are upside down!
- put the pieces together and snarf all of them by yourself or share with your valentine!
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup non hydrogenated shortening
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- in a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, cream the butter and shortening. slowly add the cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. the consistency should be firm but not too firm. if it is too soft, the roses will wilt immediately under the heat from your hand on the pastry bag.
- go to google and search “how to make buttercream roses” watch some videos and have some fun trying!
- make a bunch of roses and freeze for future use!