ice cream cake---some people who hate regular cake only like ice cream cake because it doesn't have actual "cake" in it. my ice-cream cake is a "cake" in name only. there is actually a cookie crust, not a "cake" for the base. all the cake haters get ready to like this "cake"!
- 9" springform cake pan with at least 3" high sides
- 1 quart each of the following ice cream: mint chip, coffee, chocolate
- 2 cups store bought GF hot fudge sauce
- 2 packages Gf oreo cookies, 1/2 stick unsalted butter--melted
-allow each quart of ice cream to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping in to the crust.
-with a large spoon, dig out flattened large pieces of ice cream and 'smoosh' it into the bottom of the crusted pan. flatten the layer of ice cream and smooth it as well as you are able before applying the next layer of ice-cream. each ice cream layer will be approximately 1 1/2" thick.
-continue with the next two flavors until you have reached the top of the spring form pan
-frost the top with hot fudge if desired or make decorations with your favorite candy or GF cookies!
GF oreo ice cream cake--
mint chip, homemade cookies n' cream & coffee peanut butter cup
GF amaretto cookie crust, chocolate fudge, homemade sugar pastels decoration
amaretto cookies for crust
- 4 cups almond flour (slivered almonds--ground in a food processor into fine grain)
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 boxes GF graham crackers
- 1/2 stick melted butter