- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 whole eggs, pinch of salt
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- peanut oil for frying
pour oil into a heavy bottomed skillet–1″ of oil heated to 375 with a thermometer -
in a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar-set aside
- in a medium sauce pan bring to boil the water, milk, butter and pinch of salt-stir in the flour and reduce heat to low
- stir with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball–about one minute
- remove from the heat.
- transfer the flour mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer–fitted with a paddle.
- add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition until the yellow disappears.
- transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2″ opening. pipe the dough into balls and carefully drop in to the oil–fry until golden about 4 minutes total.