Fall already? Homemade gluten free cinnamon donuts

As fast as summer came to Chicago– fall has come even faster! Last week strawberry shortcake and ice cream sandwiches consumed me. Now I am obsessed with hot, moist, fresh from the oven cinnamon donuts!
These are the type of donuts sold at Midwest apple orchards on crisp fall afternoons.  These are the type of donuts your grandmother would have made (if she knew how to bake).  These are the donuts you will make again and again–covered in cinnamon sugar or glazed with chocolate–they are divine!

8 Responses to Fall already? Homemade gluten free cinnamon donuts

1. Emme says:

Want to know something? You're one of my gluten free heroes! Why? These donuts are out of this world!! As they came out of the oven, my roommates found their way from their dorm to the kitchen to snag one before I could even try them! You ROCK!

2. Shannon Marie says:

These look amazing!

3. Kym says:

What are the measurements for spur cream and milk

4. Denise S says:

We made them in a little donut maker and they were great. Thanks so much for sharing!

5. Kyla says:

I have been craving a donut for years…especially one from Our local Cider Mill…and I can practically smell them off your page! One question…I can do the eggs, but the whole milk and sour cream present an issue for me. Do you think I could substitute alternatives like almond milk and soy based sour cream in this recipe? Thanks for your research…I’m going to try several of your recipes this week!

6. Victoria says:

Can you also fry these like regular donuts?

• Linda Levinson says:

sorry for the late late late reply- i have not tried to fry these–i’m not sure it would work!!!! if you do try it, please let me know how they turn out!