Summer has officially been over for a few days and the temperature is slowly dropping here in Chicago. Until the hot lattes are a must i like to hold on to my favorite Italian summer iced coffee drink- shakerato.
Shakerato is basically a sexy way of saying coffee over ice, shaken.
This Italian spin on iced coffee is basic and fun to make- go ahead and impress your friends- remember shaken not stirred!
notice the frothy top...this comes from shaking the espresso, ice and milk!
- single shot fresh espresso
- 1/4 cup 2% or skim mikl
- few drops simple syrup or sugar
- 4 ice cubes
- make single shot espresso
- in a martini shaker, place ice cubes, milk and sugar
- pour hot espresso over ice in martini shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- use martini strainer and pour cold drink in a tall glass, straining off the ice. enjoy!